Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have a bump on my nose and do not know what it is

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 20 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
May I request you to upload and image please?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don’t have an image but I told you about squeezing my Bose together just above the tip extremely hard and now after about almost two weeks a bump has formed and I do not know it is? Is it scar tissue?
Hi... Thank you for the information.
The possibilities here could be -
1. An internal tissue damage leading onto a small keloid formation. This is a small scar internally.
2. Once any area of the body is squeezed there will be a small fibrous tissue formation as a reactive healing and this is what you might have been experiencing.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
If it’s number 2 will the fibrous tissue go away because its making the shape of my nose look different?
If you do not keep meddling with that then it will go away gradually but I cannot predict the exact time period.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
the fibrous tissue is not permenant?
If it is not given further irritation it will gradually settle down.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I want it to be gone forever how can that be possible?
It will gradually get better if you do not keep further pressing it.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
How long roughly will it take to go away completely?
I cannot predict it unless I touch it with fingers and I suggest you discuss this with your physician.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Is there any cream or anything I can put on it to go away
You can try Mederma but if nothing is visible on the skin it may or may not be that useful.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Is there any injections I can do to get rid of it?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don’t want the bump to be there
Steroid injections theoretically can help but I do not suggest because the area is such a tender and slender area where even the injection can be considered as a trauma.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
what do I do?
Just leave it alone and it will gradually get better.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But I did not squeeze for two weeks and the swelling went down but a bump has formed. Are you sure it will go away?
It will go away but actually it can take your months. 2 weeks is nothing.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don’t think you understand the swelling of my nose was gone after two weeks then suddenly a bump has formed. The bump was not there it only formed two weeks after when I stopped the extreme squeezing Why has this bump formed? I want it to go away? How long will it take to go away?

Can you upload the local area image for me have an idea?