Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

I am feeling extremely lightheaded. I have been feeling this

Customer Question

I am feeling extremely lightheaded. I have been feeling this way on and off for about a month. When I feel lightheaded I do feel like I get anxiety about it and make it worse. I feel like I may just fall over and faint, I feel fatigued, and unable to focus. I am getting really nervous that there is something wrong with me. I had bloodwork done to investigate my neurological health and it came back normal.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: On and off for about a month. I definitely make it worse by getting anxious about it. I find that I feel okay for about a day or two and then it will come back
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA

I may suggest you do a workup for lightheadedness, this may include seizure workup and syncope workup, meaning to rule out a seizure aura and cardiac syncope.

It's more to me an Aura of epilepsy and can be treated well with Lamictal but after diagnosis.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I dont think I am having seizures, does this matter?

You have to do EEG, at times patients don't have seizures and have just Aura

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok I will try to get this done, thank you for your help. Any other tests I should have done?

ECG and Ecchocardiography.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok, does it matter that I have these symptoms for days at a time--I fall asleep and wake up with the symptoms

yes, an Aura can be over days.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Do you think it could be something else besides seizures? I want to have all the options before seeing a doctor in person.

causes among others include Dehydration, Hypoglycemia, drugs, Cerebral circulatory insufficiency, Postural Hypotension and drugs like Acetaminophen + codeine, Anemia, Anxiety