Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DNB
19010125

Question regarding anal warts. If someone has anal warts,

Customer Question

Question regarding anal warts. If someone has anal warts, can they only be transmitted to another person if the person comes in contact with the anal area?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes. Aldera cream
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern and I would try my best to allay your worries.

I will be glad to assist you today and will try my best to give you an answer that is helpful.

The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I can’t send a photo given it’s in a private area. I’ve already been diagnosed with anal warts and am on medication Aldera. My question is around how it is transmitted so that I can be intimate with my partner. So given I have anal warts, if we are intimate and avoid my anal area will that be sufficient to ensure he doesn’t get it
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your patience.

I understand your concern.

Anal warts are transmitted by contact with the anal warts of skin or mucosa.

Since there are anal warts , there might be a chance that there can be a viral seeding present in the adjoining areas(genital areas) due to the close proximity.

Hence though the genital warts can not be seen at the moment, they may erupt in the near furure.

Hence its best that a condom is used, while being intimate with your partner.

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern. Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Warm Regards