RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I am trying to find a UK lab that could tell me what

Customer Question

Hello I am trying to find a UK lab that could tell me what infection I have. Non healing leg wound. 2 years, pus
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have spent 2 years trying
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: High level of pain. X ray showed nothing and blood result fine Thanks
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I am vomiting because of the infection and feeling generally unwell
Expert:  RickD810 replied 13 days ago.

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello Dr. Thanks. 2 years ago I rubbed my ankle in my shoe. The wound was red, swollen and with green pus. I got a drs appointment and was told put a plaster on it. That was 2 years ago. Dressing 3 times a week for 18 months almost healed but has cracked open again. The wound is about 1cm diameter, through to the bone. Filled with foul smelling pus, red arround the outside. The wound pain is stoping me from sleeping and making me vomit. Can't seem to get a Dr appointment. Ring my surgery 50 times a day to get a slot. X ray came back fine. I was advised to get a swob sample done but need a Dr referral letter. Back to square one. Any thoughts appreciated.ThanksKerry
Expert:  RickD810 replied 13 days ago.

Can you please tell me your age and whether you have any medical conditions? Are you taking any regular medications? Have you got any pics you can send to me?

Expert:  RickD810 replied 12 days ago.

Could you please respond to my questions so I can assist you further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Agev41 with no medical conditions
Expert:  RickD810 replied 12 days ago.

It appears that you may have a ulcer wich is poorly healing. These can get infected from time to time. Your GP or practice nurse shoud be the one sending off swabs for analysis and also offering you some antibiotic cover if needed. You may also need to be referred tot he plastic surgeosns who cna deal with skin grafting... I hope this helps

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How do I send you some photos?