Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I just bought these hair vitamins and I'm a guy and I was

Customer Question

I just bought these hair vitamins https://www.vitabiotics.com/products/perfectil-original-tablets and I'm a guy and I was concerned about the iron content per tablet its 12mg and I know the recommend about is around 8mg. I run and workout but I've heard how having too much iron isbadforyouasmen can't excrete iron or something like that. So I was wondering what I should do ? Is it a bad idea to use them ? I was thinking I could take the vitamin every second day so it would kind be like me getting 6mg iron each day via the supplement. I don't know any help would be great !I do not want to overdose on iron because too much iron can causes oxidative stress. I regularly get about 6mg iron from my diet but because my diet doesn't consists of a lot of meat and is mostly plant based and I know there is a difference in absorption regarding heme and non heme iron. i thought maybe this multivitamin will help a little with that and also zinc and ect because i read how plant iron is less bioavailable and accessible. overall if i take this supplement and i follow my healthhy diet accoring to cronometer food log i get about 18mg iron which I'm worried might be too much. Hope you can help me.
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
And I would serve you with care and patience.

The amount of iron you need is 8.7mg a day for men over 18.

Yes, I would recommend you to take this supplement every second day to be on the safe side.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.