Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I have just been bitten by a mouse in my middle finger.

Customer Question

I have just been bitten by a mouse in my middle finger. Should I go to A & E? I ran cold water over it and applied TCP on it and put a plaster on.
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: I take HRT. It happened about 20 minutes ago and finger looks a bit red around the site. It was bleeding but this has stopped.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the redness?
Customer: No I haven't. I tried to ring the surgery but they suggested calling 111 as they have no more appointments today. I tried 111 but the lines are very busy and they suggested this site.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No there is nothing else.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 14 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Most likely you'll be fine but your should see a doctor to see if you need a tetanus booster

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 14 days ago.

You're welcome