Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Doctor. You have helped me before. I was working out around

Customer Question

Hi, Doctor. You have helped me before.I was working out around 2 or 3 years ago and the dumbell that I was lifting hit off my left nipple and it bruised for a week or two, but ever since, it's very sensitive, I mean the slightest impact makes it sore for a couple of days and it turns red, it's at left breast, left side of nipple exactly. Is this because I weakened the tissue from the original trauma? I'm a male and I'm age 30.
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 19 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like you likely caused a little tissue injury most of which has healed but you're left with some excessive sensitivity. It certainly wouldn't be of any risk at all and may continue to improve or stay as it is but shouldn't need any tests or anything doing.