Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Is it normal to still have phlegm from throat even you don't

Is it normal to still have phlegm from throat even you don't have pneumonia anymore?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    The clinical symptoms of pneumonia usually last much longer than the disease process itself.  Is this what you are asking?

This means that the infection has cleared, but the symptoms remain.   You may have a cough, or congestion or fatigue.   It normally takes about 6 weeks to recover from pneumonia completely.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks doctor!

You are welcome and thanks for using JA.