Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

Neck pain? For a couple of weeks I have been experiencing

Neck pain? For a couple of weeks I have been experiencing fleeting “twinges” of pain in my neck - in approximately the place where one would check for a pulse. This I think is connected to my current health anxiety fear (thyroid c*****).I did some stretches a couple of days ago and since then the left side of my neck has been hurting constantly, a bruisey type of pain,I am worried about my thyroid. A couple of weeks ago my neck was examined by a doctor who said it felt normal. I also recently had full bloods including thyroid, all normal,But this pain is worrying me….
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have attached a pic showing the location

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Is that tender?

Does it hurt to move your neck?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it hurts/feels tight a bit more to move. That’s since I did the stretches which I think I overdid.The side is sore, BTW I also have had myofascial trigger points in other areas (shoulder and ribs).
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for replying

It has nothing to do with your thyroid or with cancer

Just muscular and a trigger point

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it true that a thyroid problem would have shown up on a thyroid function blood test?

Yes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should be reassured my thyroid function was normal?
(Apologies for additional questions, my OCD/health anxiety is bad lately)

Your thyroid is fine

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for helping me

You're welcome