Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I have a question for you. This is my chest xray result in 4

Customer Question

Hi doctor I have a question for you. This is my chest xray result in 4 weeks time. I had covid pneumonia large left pleural effusion parapneumonic. What can you say about the difference
Expert:  Caring doc replied 17 days ago.
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Respected customer if the one on the right side is new one,there is definitely improvement.If you are symptomatically fine,your shortness of breath, cough and other symptoms have improved, and you don't have a fever, your fluid should be reabsorbed automatically, but you will need to follow up with your pulmonologist or chest doctor for repeat chest xray to see if there is any improvement or not.
I hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any questions please.
I would be glad to help you further.
Thanks a lot for visiting Justanswer:)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yea doctor on the right. Doctor if there's no improvement and won't settle down, will simple thoracenthesis will suffice? But do you think unlikely for my result to get it drained or surgery?
I don't think you will need any surgery or thoracocentesis because their is a lot of improvement in your radiographic findings. If you don't have any shortness of breath,you will not need drainage!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Wow I'm so glad yes doctor none. I can even walk an hour a day!
Perfect, this is very reassuring:)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Wow thanks doctor. How can I naturally help my fluid to be reabsorbed doctor? Just walking and deep breathing help?
Nothing, it is natural process,your body needs some time to do the job.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Okay doctor but this doesnt look like loculated to you or any collapsed lung?
No it doesn't look like collapsed lung.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
not a loculated effusion too doctor?
Not really. But your chest doctor can guide you best in this regard, I am not an expert in this field!