Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

I would like to ask you a question, I did the smear test 3

Customer Question

Hi I would like to ask you a question
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I did the smear test 3 weeks ago and came back abnormal ,they said that I have bordeline change and hpv positive ,what that ? I am verry anxious and scared about this
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Can you help me please ?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just this
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can bordeline change to become a Cancer? Or they are cancer ?
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Hi there kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Smoking and alcohol?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi , I have 27 years old , I am smoking , no medical condition and last year I did the smear test and was same bordeline change and hpv positive
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is this something verry bad ? Can be cancer ?
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Can you tell the exact words on the report?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
they find a hpv positive , and bordeline change on the cells
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Borderline means that cell changes were found on your cervix. This usually does not mean that you have cervical cancer. Abnormal changes on your cervix are likely caused by HPV. It just means they need to follow you

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is something that I have to worry about ? How I have to be back to normal ?
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

HPV is the virus that causes cervical cancer.

First, it's essential to know that most people who have sex will be exposed to HPV at some point, and having HPV does not mean you will definitely get cancer. For most people, HPV infection goes away on its own. But for some people, it does not. Long-lasting HPV infection increases your risk of cancer over time.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am worry about the bordeline change , soo this is not a cancer yet ?
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Yes it is not but they need to follow you up to see it is not developing. As I said  for most people, HPV infection goes away on its own. But for some people, it does not. Long-lasting HPV infection increases your risk of cancer over time.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have this for 2 years , In how many years normaly get in to a cancer or precancer ?
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

You cannot predict it.

Finding high risk HPV early means you should be monitored for abnormal cell changes. Abnormal changes can be treated so they do not get a chance to turn into cervical cancer. So do attend the follow up appointments

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thanks you for your help
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Best of luck