Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I am looking to get an Aspergers Diagnosis, but because I am

I am looking to get an Aspergers Diagnosis, but because I am over 18, my GP said I would have to go private, which I cannot afford. I was tested as a child as I showed symptoms, but because I didn't have any behavioural problems, they wouldn't diagnose me. To get a diagnosis would be beneficial as it could get me the help and support I need with work
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: The need for structure and specific instructions, bluntness (almost like having no filter), being overwhelmed by loud noises and too much information, processing things slowly, not always great at communication, social misjudgement or not being able to read people
JA: Got it. When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: Last doctor visit regarding getting a diagnosis was 2019. I never knew anything nor had I been told anything about it until I began figuring it out for myself- A friend of mine noticed I had symptoms of Dyspraxia, which I found out was a co ordination disorder linked to the Autism spectrum, and when I went to my mum that's when she told me about getting me tested as a child. The GP ran a few small tests for my co ordination, but I was mostly fine with them- she left it at that and said I had to go private
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not as far as I know

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

A private assessment would cost up to about £500 for this. Many provide this remotely now.

https://www.clinical-partners.co.uk/for-adults/autism-and-aspergers/adult-autism-test

this is one company who provide free basic tests to start with. It would then depend on what you want to get from as assessment.