Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I got the report

I got the report
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (22LM6G4)

Hello, this is Dr. Love.

Can you attach the report (after blocking out your name)?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No pblm doctor
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Am i infected by Hep B?

No, you are not infected.

The antigen was negative. The only positive results are the antibodies. So, this indicates that you were infected at some point in the past, and that your immune system got rid of the infection and you are now immune.

So, you are not currently infected. And since it takes time to develop an infection and then antibodies, the infection also did not happen from a recent exposure. The previous infection would have been further in the past.

The blood test cannot say how long ago the infection happened, only that it has happened and it is not recent.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Now Do i need to take vaccine or booster doctor? Or any further treatment is required?

And getting back to your original question, you have already been cured of the infection by the action of your own immune system, as I said occurs most of the time.

No further treatment is needed, and the hepatitis B vaccine is not necessary because you are already immune, and this immunity is completely protective.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can I still have sex with my wife or does she need to be vaccinated ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is it a PCR test Doctor?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I dont need to Liver Function Test or Ultra sound scan

You can have sex with your wife with no risk of transmission of hepatitis B.

Hepatitis B vaccine is indicated for many reasons, but she does not need the vaccine because of your result.

This is not a PCR test.

You do not need any liver tests or imaging because of these tests.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I got this result from Private clinic and NHS also done the same test yday . I am waiting for their result. I took the test on the same day with Private clinic and NHS with 1 hour difference. Do you think result may vary doctor?

No, the results should not vary when drawn one hour apart.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I dont have to repeat my HIV and syphillis test know doctor tested on 41st day got negative . This test is finger prick lab HIV Duo Antigen/Antibody test.

Correct. Since hepatitis was not transmitted during this encounter, that is not an issue for you, and the test on day 41 is all that needs to be done.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you doctor am scared even yday aswell they took HIV and Syphillis Test at NHS . I dont think result will change

No, that result should not change.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have one small doubt doctor. I am planning for a baby. Am I able to do the circumsion ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
do you think doing circumcision is good?

For decades, the guidelines said that there was no medical benefit from circumcision, but there has been increasing evidence that circumcision lowers the risk of transmission of HIV once the male is sexually active. So, it would be appropriate to get a circumcision done.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
am completely free from all the STI doctor. I had unprotected oral sex before 47 days

At this point, yes, but you still need the hepatitis C test repeated at 3 months, as we discussed in the other thread.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
ok doctor Can I take PCR test for Hep C and check now

No, the antibody test at 3 months is the better test.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
3 month in the sense If I do the test after 12 weeks and found negative means Am free From Hep C right doctor

Yes

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
tmrw is 8th week so i will check after 4 weeks doctor

Very good

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks a lot doctor you made me to come out from these stupid issues.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks a lot you are very good. I can sleep happily today because of you. No words from my mouth Thank you

You are very welcome.