Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Lately I've been struggling with some mental issues, I

Hi, lately I've been struggling with some mental issues, I haven't checked it yet, because I have no clue what it might be or even if it is something I should be worried about. Some of the symptoms that affect my life daily are:
Anxiety, everyday, that gets extreme when I have to deal with something new.
I'm paranoid, mostly about other's intentions towards me, like, people secretly hate me and they want me to die.
Low self esteem, I constantly believe that I am useless and that every good thing in my life is pure luck and I don't deserve anything good.
I cannot focus on one tought at a time, I have a rapid and constant flow of thoughts for example I'm thinking about something then immediately another thought comes up, then another, and I can't really control them.
I have trouble focusing on things that don't sparkle my interest, for example if it's about music or books or football I can talk for ages, but on subjects I don't like I can't even concentrate on listening to others speaking, is like I forget to hear when they are speaking to me.
I can't stay in one place for too long, especially my jobs, after just a couple of months I get tired and sick of the place and bored of the people I work with and I just hate my life until I leave that job and start looking for something else.
I am sometimes really slow, even on easy tasks, mostly because I forget to actually pay attention to what I'm doing.
I do a lot of fidgeting, I have mood swings, and I say and do a lot of embarrassing things without even realising it. I am really bad at accepting constructive criticism, I just take it personally and if someone is mean to me it will affect me to the point that I start contemplating suicide.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

It does sound you might have some issues or a condition. This could be anxiety as you suffer from anxiety. You might also have some sort of attention deficit condition in view of poor attention. The other possibility could be a different condition or this might just be your character. The only way to find out is if you have a mental health assessment by mental health team. So you should see your GP for initial assessment and they can refer you to the mental health team.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your time and advice. I believe in fact this might not be an actual issue, and it's indeed just me and the way I look at the world. I just needed someone to tell my situation to and to make sure it's nothing serious. I am trying to avoid checking it with a doctor or GP, as there are worse situations than mine and people who might need help more and I might stay in the way and waste precious time. Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

You are most welcome.
You might be right that this could be the way you look at the world. This is all fine, but if this affects your personal life or work negatively, you can always get help from your GP such as counselling.
Otherwise you can just monitor this or use various online sites for support such as mind.org.uk