Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I was bitten by and insect or spider (or at least i think

Good morning, i was bitten by and insect or spider (or at least i think that) and my ankle began to swell (I have a large blister) which is causing me pain and itching and I would like to know what I should do since this makes it impossible for me to wear shoes and therefore attend my work (which I require wear safety shoes). I was recently in Barcelona and my problem started yesterday and the swelling has gotten worse. Greetings and thanks Gabriel lemus
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: 1 day
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Recently i travel to Barcelona and my problem started from there

Welcome to justanswer.com

I am Dr. M.D.Mazumdar, an MD  with more than 20 years experience and I am happy to help you today.

I’m sorry to hear about your problem.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

How old  are you?

When were you bitten? How long ago?

Please post a picture of the blister.

What medicines , if any, have you tried so far?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi doctor Mazumdar, here my answers
1)32 years
2) 1 day ago in barcelona
3)ok
4)no medicine

That is a large blister.

It will need to be drained. It will burst anyway if left as it is but that would not be sterile.

if you can consult a doctor immediately, he/she can clean the blister and then rain it surgically. if that is possible, please do it at home.

Buy sterile cotton swabs and a bottle of clinical spirit or rubbing alcohol. Also buy a sterile needle - the type used for injections will do. These are available at any medical store.

Clean the blister thoroughly and about an inch area of the skin around it.

Puncture the blister and allow it to drain naturally. Do not press initially. Only when much of the fluid has drained can you press with a cotton swab to drain it.

Apply Neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment. Keeping it open will help heal it faster. But if you need to wear shoes, please apply a sterile bandage .

Take Motrin thrice daily. Change the bandage every day.

if there are signs of redness or inflammation around the blister in 24 hours, please see a doctor - you will need oral antibiotics.

I hope this helps.

let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Perfect doctor Mazumdar, i will follow your advice, thank you very much for your answee

You are welcome.

Glad I could help.