How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Andrew Your Own Question
Dr.Andrew, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2749
Experience:  Physician,Doctor, medical consultant
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Andrew is online now

My wife has got sever pain in her eir with yellow discharge,

This answer was rated:

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My wife has got sever pain in her eir with yellow discharge
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No fever but feels lazy
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing much


Welcome to the Justanswer website,

I am Dr.Andrew, a Board-Certified Physician with over 15 years of experience.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

I'm reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly. Answers here are for education and information only.

Thank you

Respected customer

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Please give me a little more information, and I will help you figure out a solution.

For how long she has ear pain and discharge?

Thank you.

I am waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Last 5 days

Is the discharge from one ear or both ears?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I m ok with chat

Respected customer

It is completely okay if you do not want a phone call.

We can continue in chat mode.

Thank you.

I am waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Just one ear right

May I know her age?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
32 years

Has she tried any treatment so far?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Pain killers and erythromicine 500 mg thrice a day for last three days
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But condition is not getting better

Respected customer

Thank you for providing the details. I can understand your concern and worry.

I am now preparing and typing my answer, and I will post my reply here as soon as it is ready.

In the meantime, you can give more info regarding this issue.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Dear customer,

Thank you for staying online,

I am sorry to hear about your wife's problem, and I can understand how uncomfortable she may be feeling, but hopefully, we can resolve this.

Yes, the symptoms you have described of having ear discharge, pain in her ear, and other symptoms can most likely be due to ear infection.

As she is already taking painkillers and oral antibiotics without much relief, she now needs a clinical examination by an ENT doctor.

She may need:

-Culture swab test


-Clinical examination

her doctor can prescribe antibiotic ear drops and other medications accordingly.

Till then, the following is recommended for her:

-Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription and should help you greatly.

-Rubbing alcohol gently around the infection will help dry up the moisture that is feeding the bacteria.

-Put a few drops of rubbing alcohol or mix with an equal amount of white vinegar(if you have it) into the ear. Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes, then tilt your head to let it drain out. This will help her greatly.

-Apply heat in the form of a warm washcloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day to increase blood flow, allowing to subside the inflammation.

I hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Thank you

I am available to answer any follow-up questions you may have, so please feel free to ask.

Dr.Andrew and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you