Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Shortness of breath on exertion Can take a deep breath in

Shortness of breath on exertion Can take a deep breath in and hold it with no problem and I don't have and blue ringing to lips or fingernails I have done a lateral flow test which is negative
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't I tried phoning the surgery but automated message to contact 111
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Shortness of breath on exertion and tachycardia no blue tinging to lips or fingers can manage to take a deep breath and hold it with no problem I've done a lateral flow test which is negative
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
1. May I know your age please?
2. How long have you had this symptom?
3. Is it associated with high grade fever or body pains or severe cough/ fatigue/ muscle weakness/ diarrhea/ loss of consciousness?
4. Any abnormal sense of smell and taste?
5. Have you been exposed to any suspected case of COVID-19?
6. Was there any history of international travel in the past 3 weeks?
7. Are you an asthmatic?
8. Do you have any chronic disease which warrants immuno-suppressive medications?
9. Are you a health care professional?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I am 69 I've had the symptoms for 2 days no fever but some fatigue no Covid symptoms LFT negative this morning Mo travel and I'm not asthmatic no chronic diseases and I'm not a Health care profession

I understand your concern.
But without any known contact or travel to the affected regions in the world there is no need to worry or panic.
The best way to deal with such scenario is to be knowledgeable about the disease and early identification of symptoms.
Without fever it is unlikely to be COVID-19 infection.
I will explain further.
Symptoms can include:
●Fever
●Cough
●Feeling tired
●Trouble breathing
●Muscle aches
But it's not only severity, but travel and exposure to affected areas does matter when it comes to approach to health care facility.
Unless you are having any danger symptoms you need not worry.
1. They include very fast respiratory rate of more than 26 to 28 when you are at rest.
2. Chest pain
3. Difficulty in breathing
4. If you have a home pulse oximeter and the pulse oximeter is reading consistently less than 94 for more than 30 minutes.
5. Very high grade fever of more than 5 days duration.
Measuring respiratory rate -  Your respiratory rate is also known as your breathing rate. This is the number of breaths you take per minute. You can measure your breathing rate by counting the number of breaths you take over the course of one minute while you're at rest.
Fortunately, most cases of COVID19 are self limiting (I am not telling you are one of them - but just trying to keep you informed) and get better by themselves as time progresses.. uncomplicated and will resolve with time. Most of the infected people survive and overall across all age groups from 0 to 89 years only 1.2% of people infected will die of the infection. But the mortality is higher is people above 59 years of age.
So at your age and without any risk factor I do not foresee any problem or complication.
Just to keep you better informed - typically, the symptoms will worsen during the first 7 days of symptoms. Fevers, chills, cough, body aches, and shortness of breath are common. After the 6-8th day, the symptoms gradually improve, but the person may be symptomatic till 14 days. I suggest you use over the counter cough medications and self-quarantine at home for at least 14 days (another 3 days for you) from the start of the symptoms. Within 2 weeks you will not be contagious to others too.
You can certainly get tested if you want to.
This resource may help you find a testing location:
https://my.castlighthealth.com/corona-virus-testing-sites/
https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html
https://www.goodrx.com/blog/drive-thru-coronavirus-testing-near-meI sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Get well soon!

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you  can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

You can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800