Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I have been experiencing pain in my upper stomach since

I have been experiencing pain in my upper stomach since yesterday. I took pepto bismol last night and the pain got better but it was back this morning. I have no other symptoms, but I am worried because I have just been treated with a severely immunosuppressive drug for MS a month ago. I have also just finished a course of antivirals and antibiotics which I have been using for the past month.I have attached a picture with the location of the pain. Please could you let me know how to recognise signs of something potentially serious, and how to manage the pain? Is this something I should be concerned with?

Welcome to justanswer.com

I am Dr. M.D.Mazumdar, an MD with more than 20 years experience and I am happy to help you today.

I’m sorry to hear about your problem.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

-How old are you?

- Is the pain more on empty stomach in the morning or after taking food?

- Do you also have nausea and vomiting?

- Do you have diarrhea?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi, I am 27, the pain is more on an empty stomach but it’s also present when I eat. I don’t have nausea or vomiting, I don’t have diarrhoea

Pain on an empty stomach  is a common symptom of Gastritis - inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach.

Gastritis is usually  due to increased secretion of acid  which collects in the stomach overnight and may cause pain in the morning, especially if you eat spicy food or after eating non-veg food like meat.

Gastritis can also be due to infection of the stomach lining by a  organism called H. Entameba.

Please  take  Prevacid tablets once daily in the morning on empty stomach. Also, please take Tums antacid after food.

Take  a bland easily digestible diet. Cold food like cold milk or ice creams will help.

If this does not help, please consult your doctor for tests for the infection.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

You are welcome.