Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Can you please help me interpret my cholesterol results? I

Hi! Can you please help me interpret my cholesterol results?
I have got these through a home test from Boots:https://www.boots.com/boots-pharmaceuticals-cholesterol-home-test-kit-10064612?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs_HeroCompare-_-Health+%26+Pharmacy-_-UK_Brand_Shopping_Health+and+Pharmacy+SSC&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgdivnJry8gIVjuJ3Ch2qAw_7EAQYASABEgK0ivD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.dsI have attached my results and the explanations from the test as to how to read it, but I am still unsure.I also had 2 more questions regarding this test:- I had to re-take this test because when I did it the first time, the blood didn't drop onto the sample field, so I had to wipe my finger on it. I then read that I wasn't supposed to do that, so I re-took it. Since the wound touched that area, could that be bad for the wound?- I also used injection wipes to clean the skin / wound before and after I used the lancet. Was that ok?Thanks

Hello, this is Dr. Love.

I am sorry, but no results were attached.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (ZSGMMT4)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have attached them now, thanks

As for the other questions, the wound will typically heal fine. You only need to keep the wound clean.

And using the wipes is OK.

Yes, they came across this time.

This test shows that your total cholesterol is 3.9 mmol/L, which is generally a good level.