How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Shakeel Ansari Your Own Question
Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 511
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Shakeel Ansari is online now

Our grandson age 26 is having serious mental health

Customer Question

Our grandson age 26 is having serious mental health problems. He has smashed the house up before but we have not been able to get help flor him and today he is destroying things again and cannot be left alone. Where can my son find help for him as he has been ill for about 7 years and no one wants to help them.
JA: What are all your grandson's symptoms? Is he taking any medication?
Customer: No medication because we cant get anyone to see him. He is talking to himself and shouting at everyone and now destroying things again.
JA: Got it. Has he seen a doctor about this?
Customer: He saw a doctor some time ago and a professional of some sort who told him to get out and get a job and his own home and not to be a naughty boy!
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that we know of.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 9 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA

Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 9 days ago.

Dealing with violence and aggression is an area where health professionals often feel uncertain. Standing at the interface between medicine, psychiatry and law, the best actions may not be clear, and guidelines neither consistently applicable nor explicit. An aggressive, violent or abusive patient may be behaving anti-socially or criminally. But in acute medical settings it is more likely that a medical, mental health or emotional problem, or some combination thereof, is the explanation and usually we will not know the relative contribution of each element.

I am giving the link please approach to respective authorities for the help.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We are looking for a professional to go to the home and assess the situation and give help.
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 9 days ago.

call 999 or NHS 111 can help if you need urgent medical help or you're not sure what to do.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Its my son you need to speak to and he is at work.
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 9 days ago.

You can get help from or call 111. It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.