Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

Our grandson age 26 is having serious mental health

Customer Question

Our grandson age 26 is having serious mental health problems. He has smashed the house up before but we have not been able to get help flor him and today he is destroying things again and cannot be left alone. Where can my son find help for him as he has been ill for about 7 years and no one wants to help them.
JA: What are all your grandson's symptoms? Is he taking any medication?
Customer: No medication because we cant get anyone to see him. He is talking to himself and shouting at everyone and now destroying things again.
JA: Got it. Has he seen a doctor about this?
Customer: He saw a doctor some time ago and a professional of some sort who told him to get out and get a job and his own home and not to be a naughty boy!
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that we know of.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 9 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA

Dealing with violence and aggression is an area where health professionals often feel uncertain. Standing at the interface between medicine, psychiatry and law, the best actions may not be clear, and guidelines neither consistently applicable nor explicit. An aggressive, violent or abusive patient may be behaving anti-socially or criminally. But in acute medical settings it is more likely that a medical, mental health or emotional problem, or some combination thereof, is the explanation and usually we will not know the relative contribution of each element.

I am giving the link please approach to respective authorities for the help.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/crisis-services/helplines-listening-services/

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We are looking for a professional to go to the home and assess the situation and give help.

call 999 or NHS 111 can help if you need urgent medical help or you're not sure what to do.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Its my son you need to speak to and he is at work.

You can get help from 111.nhs.uk or call 111. It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

https://111.nhs.uk/?utm_source=nhsuk&utm_campaign=nhs_services&utm_content=when_to_go_to_ae