Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

My blood pressure monitor keeps saying that “possible

Hi, my blood pressure monitor keeps saying that “possible cardiac arrhythmia”.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Not sure about that. I think not
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, I’m taking currently propranolol

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

A BP machine can identify any irregularity from sinus arrhythmia to atrial fibrillation. The latter being completely normal. They cannot tell you anything else accurately about your heart rate.

if you are under 40 then sinus arrhythmia is more likely which is normal. If over 40 then Atrial Fibrillation is a possibility.

you should arrange a 12 lead EKG to assess this further

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve got panic attacks sometimes and I can feel hotness and my heart goes fast..
can I do exercises?