Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Orange jelly mucus spot red blood after bowel movement

What are your age and gender?

Since, when do you, have it?

Do you have heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, burping, tenderness on the abdomen?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Female 50 yrs I was diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome 10 yrs constipation chronic when I took Mebeverine Fybogel my bowel movement now softer I have prolapsed haemorrhoid anus internal thrombosis haemorrhoid .
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Went 4 times today bowel softer but just tiny blood orange jelly mucus
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
On one occasion

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
From Bowel movement

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do not smoke drink or take drugs I was also diagnosed GERD acid reflux

Your symptoms are suggestive of;

1) Hemorrhoids

2) Diverticulosis.

The treatment of hemorrhoids is by warm sitz bath, avoiding straining, keeping the stools soft and local application of the ointment like Proctosedyl or Preparation-H. Following is the detailed advisory;

1) Avoid constipation by not postponing the urge to defecate; Many over-the-counter options help speed bowel movements and decrease strain. Duphalac is best. A soft stool helps in decreasing the irritation and associated swelling of hemorrhoids.

2) Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet; Increased dietary fiber of 25-30 grams/day. High-fiber cereal can help reach this goal quickly.

3) Drink plenty of water and liquids (about 2 liters a day)

4) Regular exercise; helps in relieving constipation if any.

5) Avoid excessive pressure and straining during defecation. Don't sit for extended periods, limit this time as much as possible.

6) Avoid irritant foods, chilies, and hot herbs and substances.

7) Warm sitz baths; this is universally soothing and may help decrease the hemorrhoid size. This is done thrice a day for a couple of days and then twice a day (15 minutes each time).

8) Local ointments applied in the anal canal which contains lidocaine and vasoconstrictors (OTC product).

You may take oral probiotics which will help in diverticulosis also.

I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can internal thrombosis haemorrhoids cause small amount blood
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
In bowel movement

Yes, they do.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I suffer from stress anxiety panic attacks when I was diagnosed by the
Doctor after examination thrombosisHaemorrhoid internal because I’m50 I had a fit test sent to me stoolAs my haemorrhoid thrombosisHad cleared up I took the test justAfter 18 days diagnosed Doctor the fit test came back positive small amount blood can my thrombosis haemorrhoids that now are prolapsed internal cause fit Result
To come back positiv

The FIT test does not diagnose cancer.

It just warrants colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy. Diverticulosis, polyp colon can cause positive FIT test.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My internal haemorrhoids thrombosis
Has not cleared up went prolapsed can this bring back positive result with small amount blood in stool

Yes, it can also cause a positive FIT.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can internal thrombosis internal cause fit test back positive as small amount blood was found in stool

Yes, it can.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I had internal haemorrhoids thrombosis still at the time test
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much for reassuring me i will not rate your services full mark . I have been so worried i haven’t slept panicking

You are very welcome.

As mentioned a couple of times above positive FIT, the test does not mean cancer.

Thrombosed internal hemorrhoids can cause a positive FIT test.

There is nothing to worry about just by the FIT test.

Your anxiety is unnecessary.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was in Road traffic accident 2 yrs ago was diagnosed PTSD bilateral sciatica herniated disc whiplash disorder neck 50 loss range neckConsultants I am in chronic painDiagnosed nerve pain pregablin medication can you recommendAnything for me to do ease the painI’ve been so stressed out since accident

You may need to open a new question thread as per the site rule. You are a subscription customer so would not incur additional cost.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You stay blessed too you are a good
Doctor I have gave you 5 stars because you reassured me thank you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
X
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You Have put you as my preferred doctor
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have highly rated your service

"I am showing that you have given my answer a negative rating."

Please do not bite the helping hands.

May I please know, how can I further help you, what are your unanswered questions, and where did my answer lack (so I can improve on it)? I would be more than glad to help you further.

Have I done something wrong? Was the information wrong?

This forum is for to and fro communication.
Please do not rate negatively if you want the refund as the ratings stay on the site records and affect the standing of the expert.
Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I rated you 5 stars so I don’t now why this did not show . Because you are a good doctor who reassured me with your answers to my concerns
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would recommend anyone looking to speak to a doctor to go to you
With my anxiety reassured me

I appreciate it.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
With your answers

Thanks for taking the time for it.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would recommend this doctor to anyone as he is the best as I am satisfied with this doctor answers
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can Internal thrombosis haemorrhoids cause trace blood come back positive test bowel screening test
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I suffer from Anxiety and panic and irritable bowel syndrome can anxiety cause bowel soft loose stools yesterday I was so stressed out I went 4 times loose soft bowel motion
Then today just twice loose bowel motion I’ve been chronic constipation for along time when my anxiety is chronic my bowel motions are more frequent and soft . I do suffer irritable bowel syndrome. My bowels do go into spasm when I am anxious
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
When I got the letter back saying positive test bowel screening traces blood in feaces for me to go colonoscopy I panicked as previously
Stated I went to my doctor 18 days prior before I done the test doctor had done examination told me it was internal haemorrhoid and that she would not be sending me colonoscopy as she knows were bleeding coming from . When I done the test 18 days later bowel screening i panicked when I saw it came back positive traces blood in feaces stool. Can you reassure meCan my internal thrombosis haemorrhoids cause trace blood in
Feaces
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I would appreciate if you could please put my mind at ease and address my questions when you are back on line thank you . Monica Scotland

Hello Monica,

Colonoscopy is routinely advised for these symptoms and that does not mean cancer. It is according to the guidelines for the investigative work up.

Internal hemorrhoids can cause your symptoms.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can anxiety stress cause loose soft bowel movement or is this irritable bowel syndrome as I get pain before bowel movement is this normal
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
As stated I’ve been chronically constipated for a long time when I worry I notice I have more frequentSoft loose stool
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Movement
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Which I pass a lot of wind through my mouth rectum first thing in the morning hear gurgling noises in my belly . What is the best thing to take to stop me worrying which effects my bowels movements . As I know when you worried it effects irritable
Bowel syndrome
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also effects my appetite then I end up loosing a couple pounds when I am not worried i eat better put weight on could you please tell me the best thing to take ear with my anxiety as it’s chronic best food irritable bowel syndrome thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have been through a lot of worry stress in my life when I am reassuredIt eases my anxiety then I feel betterAnd I don’t get these symptomsIts when I’m very anxious I noticeThese symptoms more
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Dr Arun i appreciate you given meThis advice you are a good doctor
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
When I worry it causes insomnia so I don’t sleep well when I don’t worry less stressed I sleep better

There is a brain-gut connection so stress anxiety can cause alteration in bowel movements.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you so much for this advice dr Arun I have rated you 5 stars highly
Rated because you are a good doctor my favourite
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve also highly rated you just answer as you are the best
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Doctor

Thank you, ***** ***** it.