Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I,ve found a mole in the middle of my chest, About a

Customer Question

I,ve found a mole in the middle of my chest
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: About a week,other than that i,ve been fine and been Double jabbed,i,m 59 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thank you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I,m 59 years old and been Double jabbed
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

Please post a picture of the mole.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 days ago.

I am writing you an initial answer. Once you are online we will discuss it further.

A new mole does not always mean cancer or abnormal.

Following are the signs which warrant an evaluation (most common warning sign for melanoma);

1) A new or changing mole or blemish

2) Variation in color and/or an increase in diameter, height, or asymmetry of borders of a pigmented lesion appearing suddenly

3) Less common: bleeding, itching, ulceration, and pain in a pigmented lesion.

The following need an evaluation

asymmetrical shape. Look for moles with irregular shapes, such as two very different-looking halves.

irregular border. Look for moles with irregular, notched, or scalloped borders — the characteristics of melanomas.

changes in color. Look for growths that have many colors or an uneven distribution of color.

diameter. Look for new growth in a mole larger than about 1/4 inch (6 millimeters)

evolving. Look for changes over time, such as a mole that grows in size or that changes color or shape.

Moles may also evolve to develop new signs and symptoms, such as new itchiness or bleeding.

Other suspicious changes in a mole may include:

Scaliness

Itching

Change in texture — for instance, becoming hard or lumpy

Spreading of pigment from the mole into the surrounding skin

Oozing or bleeding.

If a mole shows more than 2 signs mentioned above then it needs evaluation.

I trust this answers your question, gives some good information, and provides comfort.

I wish you and your family safety and health during these difficult times.