Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Medicine Doctor
6740150

Belly ache bloated belly feel like on period but no blood,

Belly ache bloated belly feel like on period but no blood
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Been taking paracetamol
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: In agony and my periods come on different dates in the month So I don't no if I'm late or not

Hi there! I’m Dr. Josh, a Board Certified Physician with 15+ years of experience in clinical practice and I would serve you with care and patience.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

Please note- All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

Respected customer,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, but please do not worry. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Before I answer your question, I would like to get some more information:

When did you have your last period?

I am waiting for your reply..

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It was i think 3rd of August but my body comes on different dates every month
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don't have 34 for a phone call

Are you experiencing any unusual discharge from the vagina?

Are your periods generally regular?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Text
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
its white

Do you have vaginal itching/swelling?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
but different dates
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Itches abit but no swelling

Do you experience painful/burning sensation with urination?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am currently preparing and typing my answer now, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

If there is anything else you want to add, would you mind sharing that information? I really want to offer you the best service.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My body feels like I'm on belly bloated painful like belly ache boobs sore but no blood
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank u im just abit worried

Please wait, I am typing.

Respected Customer,

I am sorry to hear about your problem and I know how worrisome this situation can be for you but hopefully, we can resolve this.

Such symptoms can be related to the underlying issue and have to be further evaluated.

Possible causes are-

-Stress- This can be one of the main reasons for late or skipped periods.

-Sudden weight loss.

-Extreme over-exercising.

-The overactive thyroid-Thyroid disease can interfere with your cycle.

-Being overweight or obese: Excess weight or weight gain can cause your body to produce too much estrogen, which can affect your menstrual cycle.

-Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).

-Hormonal imbalance.

You can follow the below measures-

- You can take some time to relax, get regular exercise, or even do some breathing exercises to manage your stress.

-Practice Yoga and Meditation. Try to remain away from stress. Keep yourself busy with your hobbies.

-You can top up your meals with vitamin D from fatty fish, such as salmon and tuna. Sun exposure, would also be helpful. Getting enough vitamin D may also support a healthy menstrual cycle.

-You can, make sure that your diet includes green vegetables, fruits, dry fruits, red meat, fish, and foods that give you complete nutrients regularly. Soy products, legumes, flaxseed, sesame seeds, olive oil, kale, celery, and dry fruits are some of the best food sources to get estrogen.

-You can include Cinnamon in Your Diet, It helps to regulate the flow of blood and is of great help.

In my opinion, you would need a Pelvic examination to assess the condition of the cervix and investigations like TVS Ultrasound for further evaluation.

Blood work to check hormone levels can be done for diagnosis.

You need to have a blood hormonal levels checkup. This includes:

1. Serum Estrogen level,

2. Serum progesterone level

3. Serum FSH level

4. Serum prolactin level

Hormonal imbalance is also one of the most common causes of such symptoms and can be managed with medications.

Your doctor can prescribe hormonal pills, to regulate the menstrual cycle.

Treatments may include the contraceptive pill or hormone replacement therapy (HRT).

You can try OTC simethicone to reduce such symptoms. This would be helpful.

Lifestyle habits such as meal timings, regular sleep timings, and most importantly regular bowel movements are also important. Some amount of physical activity is essential for the efficient functioning of your digestive system.

You can Try drinking about 30 minutes before a meal to help your stomach digest better. You should Eat and Drink Slowly.

Probiotics may also be useful in treating flatulence.
You should get engaged in aerobic exercise and stress-management techniques like deep breathing and yoga.
It is advised that you should eat six small meals a day rather than three large ones. Smaller meals are easier to digest and may produce less gas.
Take Syp. Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

A thorough clinical evaluation has to be done by your doctor.

Please start with your primary doctor and get it managed.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Get well soon!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Because my body comes on different dates could it be possible im pregnant
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I do eat meals i have like one a day I am stressed dealing with my son with autism I work nights

As you have periods, on 3rd August, and it was normal bleeding for 4-5 days, so chances for pregnancy are very slim.

Most likely, this is from hormonal imbalance.

You would need to get a hormone test, done as we discussed.

For peace of mind, you can get a home pregnancy test done.

I understand the stress with such issues and regarding night shifts.

For stress-related issues, please follow the below tips-

-Please avoid caffeine, alcohol.

-Please get engaged in aerobic exercise and stress-management techniques like deep breathing and yoga.

-You can laugh more or watch a comedy or read a funny book.

-Connect with friends and family.

-You can go to meditating and yoga, it would quiet your mind.

Please try to follow changes, as we discussed, and would get good results.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,

I am available to answer any follow-up questions you may have, so please feel free to ask.

We can continue here until you are satisfied, use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank u

You are very welcome! I am very glad I could help!

If you still have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask. I am right here to answer you.

Thank you for the opportunity to help and I wish you all the best.