Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I think I might have an ear infection, what should I do?

JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: I’ve been dealing with the ear issue since I woke up this morning. I have had a headache and a fever for the past three days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hi I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Do you ears pop? Nasal congestion? Cough? Tested for Covid?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
my ear pops and I’ve hade a cough for a few days. I tested negative for Covid
The ear popping means that the Eustachian tube is blocked due to congestion. That causes pressure on the ear drum. I’d start a decongestant like Sudafed. They are otc. Also take paracetamol or ibuprofen. Plenty of fluids. How,old are you?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay. I’m 20 years old
I don’t think you have an ear infection and you don’t need antibiotics. Use the Sudafed .