Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

DAUGHTER I KEEPS FEELING SICK, SHE TAKES NO MEDICATION JUST

Customer Question

DAUGHTER I KEEPS FEELING SICK
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: SHE TAKES NO MEDICATION JUST THE NORMEL PARICETMOL
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: YES SHE AS TO MAKE A LIST WANT SHE IS EATING THEY ARE SAYING IT COULD ME A MENTOL BLOCKAGE AND GAVE HER THE APE FOR THE WELLBEING TEAM
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I HAVE FOUND CANS OF ENGERY DRINKS EMPTY IN HER BEDROOM I KNOW THESE R BAD COULD THOSE CAUSE IT
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 12 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Elaborate on what you  mean by she keeps feeling sick and may I know her age please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
she is 14 when she wakes up in morning for the first few hours she as a sick feeling the goes after

Do you mean she feels like vomiting in the early morning?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
can afford that wait on locel GP
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
PLEASE DELETE MY DETAILS ON BACK CARD PLEASE

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

No problem.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
WILL I BE BILLED ?

From her symptom analysis I feel that what she is experiencing may be two possibilities- 

1. Globus sensation.

2. Laryngopharngeal reflux or silent reflux

I will explain further please.

Globus sensation:

Globus sensation is a functional esophageal disorder characterized by a sensation of a lump or foreign body in the throat. Globus sensation is a functional esophageal disorder characterized by a sensation of a lump, retained food bolus, or tightness in the throat that is not due to an underlying structural lesion, gastroesophageal reflux disease, mucosal abnormality, or an esophageal motility disorder

A sensation of a lump or foreign body in the throat is common in the general population.

You may need an endoscopy and laryngoscopy and once these are normal - I am sorry to say that we need to attribute this to psychosomatic symptomatology or stress and anxiety.

Regarding management -

The main stay would be - Counseling and cognitive behavioral therapy.

Other options are -

Physiotherapy for the muscles around the throat.

Treatment for postnasal drip - for example, treatment with a nasal spray.

Treatment for acid reflux, including antacid medicines and acid-suppressing medicines.

Stopping smoking.

Treatment for stress, if this is a problem.

Laryngopharyngeal reflux:

Laryngopharyngeal reflux or silent reflux is a common cause of symptoms in the throat like lump in the throat, excessive throat clearing, hoarseness, feeling of post nasal drip without any symptoms of heartburn.

This should be tackled by certain lifestyle modifications, habit changes and also medications.

I suggest -

Head end of the bed elevation.

Do not skip breakfast.

Rather than two or three heavy meals, take small aliquots of four to five meals a day.

Avoid eating 3 hours before going to bed.

Avoid certain foods which can increase the the reflux like whole milk, dairy products, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, hot tomato sauces, onions, spicy food, citrus fruits, grapefruits and peppermint.

If you are already on - you can take proton pump inhibitors 30 minutes before food, preferably on empty stomach in the morning or before dinner.

Stop medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including Motrin, Advil and also vitamin C.

Do not don tight stomach compressing clothing.

Home therapy - you can do one tablespoon of of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water, gargling several times a day

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Hello...If you are having trouble, kindly approach our Customer Service assistance.

You can approach them at the following link:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/

Where you can chat, call, or send a support request. Or you can email directly to***@******.***

Phone number 1-***-***-****

I am also a site user like you, only thing is I am an expert, and I can't see any account or payment issues, but that Customer Service will be happy to assist you.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani