Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I suffer with vertigo, now I hear echo in my ears, I suffer

Customer Question

I suffer with vertigo, now I hear echo in my ears
JA: How long have you had vertigo? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I suffer from vertigo now I have started hearing echo. What do you advise?
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about vertigo?
Customer: I have had vertigo for 2 years now. My left ear was hearing 50% while right ear was 90%. 2 days ago suddenly I started hearin echo and my right ear has now gone to about 70%. What do you advise on the echo that is now a big problem
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Yes I have seen an ENT specialist. I was put in MRI, nothing was found. So I am taking betahistine 8 mg tablets to reduce spinning and dizziness. Joy
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 12 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

There are various causes of having an echo in the ears. The most common cause is wax. Chronic vertigo is another cause. Since the hearing in your right ear has gone down quite a bit you should see your GP for physical examination. You can also call 111 over the weekend. Your ears need to be examined to see if there is any wax/blockage that is causing the hearing loss and echo.