Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Can I get a vaccine tomorrow even I just had covid last Aug

Customer Question

Can I get a vaccine tomorrow even I just had covid last Aug 6. And still have effusion left from covid pneumonia parapneumonic?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.     Yes you can be vaccinated after 2 weeks.   Is this what you are asking?

You do have some immunity so you can wait 3 months if you like.

The pleural effusion is not a contraindication to vaccination.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But ive heard doctor that you can get a covid again if it's a different variant
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.

Of course you can.   As I noted, you can be vaccinated now.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Okay doctor thanks you. But for now wearing a mask in public helps?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.

Helps what?  I’m sorry but you are working backwards here.   The time to get a vaccine was months ago, and you should have been wearing a mask all along.  I’m assuming you got sick because you did not do either of those things right?    Yes, wearing a mask in public is something we should all be doing.