Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Right eye visual disturbance over one week, much increased

Customer Question

Right eye visual disturbance over one week, much increased today.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I wear reading glasses. Not checked for years but these symptoms are new and increasing today.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms? What are your symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
66, masculine. 2 weeks. No.

Your visual disturbances are likely to be due to 'floaters'.
Eye floaters are a common enough phenomenon, and they become more frequent with age. They occur as a result of degenerative changes in the vitreous of the eye, the jelly like material that fills your eyeball. They will usually not require any treatment, although sometimes surgery may be done in very rare cases if they become too big and interfere with vision. Floaters are usually accompanied by flashes of light.
Although usually harmless, they may occasionally be a sign of retinal detachment. You should consult an ophthalmologist when you see floaters for the first time, when they are accompanied by bright lights or if they increase suddenly.
So you should consult an eye specialist for this, just to be on the safe side.
Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti