Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I am 2 days before period is due and my endometrial

Customer Question

I am 2 days before period is due and my endometrial thickness is 0.5 is this normal please? I am 44 trying to conceive. What can I do if this isn't normal. My cycles are 24 to 28 days currently I am day 22
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain at all. My periods are regular every 24 to 28 day cycles
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have just been diagnosed today with PCOS I am so worried I will never ever conceive as I don't want IVF. I was 18st 8lb and now am 17st and still continuing to lose weight. Will this help? What else can I do having a baby is very important to me

You are in late proliferative phase.

During this your endometrium should be around 5 to 11 mm.

You are having thinned out endometrium.

You have to consult your Gynae for this, you will need hormonal therapy to correct this.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Gynae won't help cos of my age
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 12 days ago.

Yes at this age it will be very difficult to get pregnant. Your endometrium also is too thin. You should approach a fertility clinic. They can help you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What options would be available to me in a fertility clinic I don't want IVF would something like clomid help? Also can this get any better with weight loss
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would a natural approach like acupuncture help

Weight loss will help certainly. There are many options for assisted fertility, you should go to one to learn of the options available for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Last question can my endometrial lining thicken with weight loss too?

Yes, weight loss will help in this.