ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I’m 42 year old woman with 2 healthy children. I’ve been

Customer Question

I’m 42 year old woman with 2 healthy children. I’ve been trying to conceive but it’s not working. Is it because of my age as I’ve lupus(SLE)
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Where can I find proper help regarding my issues

Age is a factor in your case . also SLE can cand costs increased spontaneous spontaneous abortions due to the auto immunity autoimmunity.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
does that mean I won’t be able to conceive again?

You can try for pregnancy  but once you become pregnant then you need to be closely monitored in the antenatal clinic.

You can also have a consultation with the rheumatologist who usually manages SLE Before trying for pregnancy. You might also need blood thinners. All these needs to be discussed with you before you before you can plan further to have another pregnancy

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
for now rheumatologist is the best for advice?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The latest miscarriage was on December 2020 about 8 months ago
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’ve been trying since then

yes, the rheumatologist is the person  to help you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you but how much of chances I have though?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m on medication

what medication you are on please

you have a fairy good chance, I should reckon

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m on Azathioprine, Hydroxychloroquine,Ramipril,Prednisolone, Adcal,Alendronic acid

now azathioprine, ramipri, hydroxy chloroquine can cause harm to baby if you become pregnant. these are called teratogenic effects. it should be discussed  before you try for pregnancy

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
nothing could be done unless I speak with the rheumatologist

it is better for safety reasons

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you for your advice

welcome. hope all goes well.