How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 44689
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have a series of red bumps on my penis and I am concerned

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a series of red bumps on my penis and I am concerned I may have an sti or else a skin condition such as jock itch or balanitis
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: acute means mild right? Then acute there is no pain but they are slightly itchy particularly at night
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have had a full sti screening after the symptoms have accured and they were all negative

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Here you are

They look like allergic bumps --are they itchy?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
they are

Over the counter Hydrocortisone 1% ointment can be tried meanwhile 2 times daily for 10 days

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I ha e also being experiencing hives only hand
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
On my hands at night

Ok same cream can be tried.

And you can take antihistamine like Cetrizine 10 mg daily as well

Dr Basu and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you I have been using that.