Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I seem to have no pleasure during sex. Like I literally feel

Customer Question

I seem to have no pleasure during sex. Like I literally feel nothing but feel pleasure when I masturbate is this some kind of disorder I need help with?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this, are you male/female? Your age? Do you have a regular partner? Any underlying medical problems?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m a female, I’m 19
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It’s a bit complicated about having a regular partner but I did have a regular partner 2 years ago and i was 17 but I quit having sex for 2 years because of my problem and just got into another relationship recently and it’s the same again
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Any regular partner and do you have any underlying medical issues including mental health?

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Have you consulted anyone on this so far, had any investigations or examination?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is my first time opening up about it
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Okay thank you. So The most common cause to this is Psychological given the nature of an orgasm. However it is possible to have other causes, such as physical changes around the vagina impacting the skin, or endocrine issues.

If you have been okay before, then the most likely cause is Psychological. However if you feel this is significant then an examination and some simple blood tests would be appropriate.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

It is also important to use product such as lubricant as issues can impact dryness, which in turn can lead to this being uncomfortable, so worth ensuring you are using a good product.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Alright
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.

Likely this is an issue that can be addressed, but I do appreciate it is rather personal.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Alright