Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Second opinion] I am under a tremendous amount of stress at

Customer Question

second opinion] Hello there.
I am under a tremendous amount of stress at the moment. I can’t stop the worries that I am going to become poorly, and, well, die 😔
This is all down to having a scare Which turned out to be nothing I now have real bad health anxiety. Im on antidepressants for this.
Not every evening but some evenings from 6.30 I get a real bad tension headache, mainly around the forehead. Of course this now worries me I’m hoping it’s just stress related. I feel physically drained after looking after my children, I have a large house I have to clean, plus I work as a hairdresser part time and I have all these stresses on top.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 13 days ago.

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this. Is this a new or ongoing issue? Do you take medication or have tried medication for this before? Have you had psychotherapies for your anxiety?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I take paracetamol for the headaches and it helps. I’m on citalopram for my anxiety and that’s all.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 13 days ago.

Okay thanks. It may therefore be worth reviewing your medication as Citalopram may help, but may not be enough.

Have you considered psychotherapy for this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I was having CBT sessions but accidentally missed a session so had to start the whole program again. I keep meaning to get in touch with the team.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 13 days ago.

I am sorry to hear. I would look into it, as you clearly have severe anxiety, medication can help, but it is a psychological condition.

You could review your medication as well if you feel the Citalopram is not helping.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 13 days ago.

Bye