Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Does walking help with pleural effusion parapneumonic to

Does walking help with pleural effusion parapneumonic to reabsorbed naturally?

Thank you for contacting just answer

Yes, a pleural effusion can spontaneously resolve. It also depends on the cause though, i.e. an infection/inflammation then more likely to resolve if treated.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Doctor this is my 4 week time followup check up. I got admitted last Aug 6 just for a day. Covid pneumonia parapneumonic. I took 2 sets of antibiotics for 7 days. What do you think about my followup xray I did last September 7

It has improved a lot, possibly resolved.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Doctor is it possible my effusion left will resolved in time too wothout any intervention even simple thocentesis?

Yes, unless it is recurrent

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What is recurrent doctor? In my discharged papers it says reactive pleural effusion parapneumonic. Is that the same?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's just now that I have pneumonia and effusion too doctor cause of covid. I'm 28

If it keeps coming back. This is likely from an infection, so treated infection helps it resolve.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yea doctor and I don't have any fever anymore and I can walk 30mins - 1 hr a day. Is it a good sign I'm in my resolution phase now?

Excellent, sounds like you are are making good practice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
unlikely me for me to have intervention doctor? And did I have a good improvement in 4 weeks time?

It appears that is correct, please do not worry.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much doctor. I'm so glad to hear that. Ive been so anxious for more than a month. I'm hoping to have a clear chest xray soon. So it's unlikely for this to effusion to rebuild again doctor and for me to have any intervention?

That is what I believe

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
based on my xray and clinical doctor? So my situation is not really serious doctor?

No, especially if this is an infective cause.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
doctor this is my blood test and pleural tap result 4 weeks ago in the hospital.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also this

That is fine as as we have discusssed.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks doctor. Also can I already get a covid vaccine tomorrow even I still have effusion left ?

Yes, that is fine to do so

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also one last question doctor, does walking help naturally for my effusion to be reabsorbed?

I would assume normal activity should help, just don't over do it - take care.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Doctor someone told me here that on JA that oral diuretics are good for pleural effusion. Is this true?

Yes, it isn’t a contrain

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
this will help for my effusion doctor? What are oral diuretics doctor?

No, the vaccination will not help your effusion, but the effusion isn't a reason to avoid having it. Diuretics are tablets to help off load additional fluid.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Doctor will oral diuretics help reabsorb my effusion? But I'm asymptomatic

It could, but in a mild effusion it isn't required.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
in my case doctor I don't need this anymore?