Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Lost blood supply after inguinal hernia surgery. Is it

Hi, Lost blood supply after inguinal hernia surgery. Is it recommended to remove the testicle?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: All good. Just the normal discomfort caused by my the inguinal hernia
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's all. Thank you

If the testis has been devoid of blood supply, it should be removed as the chance of infection is quite high. This can cause complications, if not removed.

I hope your concerns resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi dear, we have been told to leave the testicle as it shouldn't cause any problem.
The doctor said to wait up to 6 weeks to see if all is going ok.Also, the doctor said the testicle will get smaller. He doesn't recommend to take it off.Do you agree? Isn't too long 6 weeks?

Six weeks is not long. If the blood supply is partially taken away, it may restore to normal so waiting for 6 weeks would not harm.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
In other words,
After my inguinal hernia the blood suply is has reduced and it comes less, not as normal, is ok to leave it and not take the testicle out?There is any chance the other testicle gets affected or damaged leaving or taking off the teaticle?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much

You are very welcome.

The other side of the testicle won't be affected.

The partial blood supply is usually good enough to prevent any complications.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
After the inguinal hernia if the blood suply has just reduced to very low pressure which means almost nothing, is ok to leave it or to take the testicle out?

I answered you on another thread.

I wish you all the very best in life.