Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I have chest infection and going on holiday, started with a

Customer Question

I have chest infection and going on holiday
JA: How long have you had the infection? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: started with a sore throat, had it for 6 days. Neg Covid test
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the infection?
Customer: Only one I asked advice yesterday as I work in a gp surgery, but didn’t feel that bad yesterday
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: allergic to penicillin
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Are you coughing? Fever? Shortness of breath?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
Do you smoke?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 15 days ago.
The sore throat then chest infection still makes me concerned about Covid. The first test could be a false negative. I wouldn’t automatically start an antibiotic. You need to be examined and see if there’s wheezing . Check oxygen saturation level and consider an X-ray. I need more information before deciding on how best to treat.