How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9390
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now

I wonder if you could help me - I am suffering really badly

Customer Question

Hi I wonder if you could help me - I am suffering really badly with pain in my left ear, running to the back of my neck/ head and cheekbone and now in my shoulder .
JA: How long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: 12 months - just paracetamol
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: yes and referred now to ENT but on waiting list for 2 years !
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: breast cancer twice and 2019 underwent srgery for removal of thyroid and some cancer cells
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
please respond not by phone but chatbox - thanks
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Sorry you’re having this problem. We can chat here.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no prefer this mode please
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
It’s difficult to diagnose you online without examining your ear. An ear infection typically wouldn’t last this long and your gp would have detected an infection. Occasionally there are prolonged and recurring ear infections. There could be other causes for the pain. Such as a cholesteotoma or Eustachian tube dysfunction. I’d try nasal fluticasone which is over the counter. Consider going private to see an ent doctor. You most likely need a cat scan of the ear.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i do not want to pay the additional call amount therefore please credit my credit card as i see it is a pending
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
this was taken without authority
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
There will be no phone charge without a call. Customer service will refund your money but I doubt you will be charged.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i's a pending mount I can see of £38 in addition to the £5 - please arrange cancellation of the £38 thank you .
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.
Customer service will assist you with that. Contact them.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
do you have the number please?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 13 days ago.