Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I had slight bleeding when I went to the toilet after having

Hi there I had slight bleeding when I went to the toilet after having sex. It didn't last and was just spotting. I wondered if it was anything to worry about. It was pretty vigorous sex.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Very well.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Indeed any sexual activity can cause bleeding. If it was a small amount, doesn’t persist and you have no pain, then this can be quite normal.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I should have said that I have a coil fitted but have bled for most of the year with it although my doctor says it is quite normal. I am in a monogamous relationship but don't have sex very often as my partner works away. Vigorous sex is sore because of his size. Should I be worried about this? I only bled very slightly when I went to the toilet and then it stopped. My smears are up to date.

I don’t think so, however if still bleeding since your coil, you should go back to your doctor as that is not ideal at all

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I paid for a phone consultation and and line was dead.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi there
I didn't receive my phonecall which I paid for.