Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

My partner developed an enlarged testicle a couple of months

Customer Question

Hello my partner developed an enlarged testicle a couple of months ago and when to A & E where a specialist said it was an infection which would clear up in about a month. This was a couple of month ago and the enlargement is still there and at time is still uncomfortable although the pain he was in at the time has gone. The specialist called him a couple of weeks ago and arranged for him to have another ultrasound today but in the conversation he mentioned something that had not been mentioned in the initial hospital visit. My boyfriend had the ultrasound but they have not told him anything other than a doctor will call him and he now is understandably worried in case it is something serious like cancer. Surely if it is any waiting on answers is wasting valuable time how long should he be expected to wait for this doctor to call and tell him what he needs to know because if it is serious time is of the essence and wasted time could be the difference between catching it in time or not??
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: he has seen hospital and he is taking medication for diabetes type 2, cholesterol and high blood pressure
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: he has high blood pressure
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What should we do please
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

I can understand your concern, but an infection is the likely cause initially. After then, there are numerous causes to this, I suspect something sinister is unlikely in this circumstance.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No call needed message is fine
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

Inflammation, fluid around the testicle are common causes, sometimes issue with the blood vessels on one side of the scrotum can cause this as well.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is not fluid as the initial inflammation made testicle hard and painful
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The infection was in the tube and needed antibiotics and no sex for at least two weeks, std was one cause of the infection which I know it wasn’t because we are both clear and there was another cause that I can’t remember. We don’t understand why it hasn’t cleared up in the timeframe given (testicle is still double in size) and why he has done an ultrasound and not given any assurances of what is happening which only adds to the worry
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

It doesn’t sound sinister, the most likely cause is inflammation or infection still.

if you can forward the report once received I can advise further.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello I was charged for a phone call I never received and also declined as soon as I realised it was going to cost - I have been charged £38 please arrange a refund immediately
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 15 days ago.

If you contact Just answer directly they can do this for you. I can only respond to your messages.