Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I started taking Benadryl "one a day" a few days ago and it

I started taking Benadryl "one a day" a few days ago and it certainly seems to have banished my (I assume) hives. It also seems, as an unexpected side effect, to have relieved some of my knee pain whilst walking. How long can I safely continue with Benadryl? Even if the hives have gone it may be that the knee pain relief would be good to continue with as I walk 2 hours each day with my dog.
JA: How long have you been using Benadryl? Has it helped at all?
Customer: I started taking Benadryl "one a day" a few days ago and it certainly seems to have banished my (I assume) hives. It also seems, as an unexpected side effect, to have relieved some of my knee pain whilst walking. How long can I safely continue with Benadryl? Even if the hives have gone it may be that the knee pain relief would be good to continue with as I walk 2 hours each day with my dog.
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about hives?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Type 2 diabetic tablet and exercise controlled for about 10 years. Age 72.

You can continue indefinitely as needed basis.

Daily use once a day also ok

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK. What I had hoped. Thanks

welcome