Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I have UTI for almost a week now and I got online

Hello. I have UTI for almost a week now and I got online prescription for antibiotics nitrofurantoin 100 mg ( macroBid) as I couldn’t get face to face doctors appointment, but they could only give me tablets not oral suspension although I asked as I have difficulty swallowing pills and I most likely won’t be able to swallow these. Is it really bad if crush them as that’s my only option
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 6 days and it’s getting better even after drinking plenty of water . No skin concerns
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have UTI symptoms for 6 days now and not getting better. Pain at end of urination and need to urinate constantly, but little is coming out , cramping pain all the time.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
You can crush them--they'll still be effective

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it won’t do any harm if I crush them and don’t swallow whole as they are prolonged release they said?

No harm doing it that way

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That would be all . Thank you.

You're welcome