Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had an ectopic pregnancy which was treated with

Hi, so I had an ectopic pregnancy which was treated with methotrexate 7 weeks ago. I did bleed for a week after that but now it’s been 5 and a half weeks without my next period. Is that normal?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Of what sorry?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. Yes that's normal and expected. This delayed peeiod can go on for 12 weeks but if you don't get your periods even after that then you must see your doctor as you may need BC pills to regulate your period. However, I reassure you that there is nothing serious behind this so please don't stress yourself

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concerns, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
even though I know I ovulated 3 weeks ago (I took 2 urine ovulation tests) does this still mean I won’t get my period?

Yes even if you have ovulated and if you are sure that you are not pregnant again then this is just hormonal imbalance causing delay in periods and it settles in 12 weeks.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay, thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Will I ovulate every month without my period?

You may or may not. We can't predict that. You are welcome dear, respected, and valued customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards