Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Back in April I was referred to the breast clinic after a

back in April I was referred to the breast clinic after a lump was found between the breast and armpit. Fortunately by the time I got to the clinic the lump had disappeared, the breast doctor feels it was an ingrown hair that had got infected. So there was no need for an ultrasound. I was relieved….for 2 days but then it then created severe health anxiety. All the time I’m panicking over things. One side of my neck is slightly larger than the other, maybe it has always been like this but I’ve only noticed as I’m looking for things.
I just do not know what to do with myself, the constant thought of having cancer and dying is forever on my mind. Every time I’m alone I’m crying. I’m 36 with no family history of cancer.
I have a beautiful home and a very loving family.
I desperately want to be back to myself without these thoughts 😞 this site feels like my safe zone.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Fortunately lymph nodes do not resolve if there was a sinister cause such as Cancer, this is reassuring about the lump

Regarding your neck I suspect this is your anxiety, however ask someone you know if they have noticed this. Then ask your doctor to take a look if you can.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ve asked almost everyone about the neck, I make them really concentrate at the difference. I’d say it was a slight asymmetrical neck, there’s no lumps there.

That sounds fine.