Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

Back in April I was referred to the breast clinic after a

Customer Question

back in April I was referred to the breast clinic after a lump was found between the breast and armpit. Fortunately by the time I got to the clinic the lump had disappeared, the breast doctor feels it was an ingrown hair that had got infected. So there was no need for an ultrasound. I was relieved….for 2 days but then it then created severe health anxiety. All the time I’m panicking over things. One side of my neck is slightly larger than the other, maybe it has always been like this but I’ve only noticed as I’m looking for things.
I just do not know what to do with myself, the constant thought of having cancer and dying is forever on my mind. Every time I’m alone I’m crying. I’m 36 with no family history of cancer.
I have a beautiful home and a very loving family.
I desperately want to be back to myself without these thoughts 😞 this site feels like my safe zone.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Hi Dr Hayat here....You'll be fine...Is there any lump now?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m the breast or the neck?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Both

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I had multiple lumps in the breasts after an injury, I had these examined 2 weeks ago, all was ok my doctor said she couldn’t feel lumps but just fatty tissue. As for the neck, there’s no lumps, but one side very very slightly is larger than the other. If I wasn’t so anxious I probably would’ve never noticed this, maybe it’s always been like this but I’m looking for things?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Well the best way forward to relieve this anxiety is to get a Ct scan..

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

I mean you have been examined by the dr and given a clean chit..so the next thing would be to get a scan..

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Or a mammography or sono mammography

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My doctor did not feel the need to send me for a scan as she could not feel any lumps, only fatty tissue. I’m too young for a mammogram
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

You can done it privately.  Or you have to trust the doctors..Had there been the slightest of doubts you would have been sent for a scan

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ve considered going private. But I know if I do this, next week it’ll no doubt be something else. I need the worried to stop.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Ok...in that case I can prescribe you a med and see if that helps..

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Which med is that?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Sertraline tablet once a day..use it for 2 weeks and will see the response

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Is there anything else you need to know?

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Best wishes

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I just desperately want to be back to myself without these worries and fears. The awful fears that I’m going to die, it is always there in my mind and I want it gone. I’m only 36