Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I've had a tight and heavy chest, along with occasional

Hello there! My name is ***** ***** I've had a tight and heavy chest, along with occasional heart flutters for at least the last week to 10 days. It doesn't feel like a medical emergency or anything, and it hasn't stopped me from being able to do anything, it just worries me a bit because obviously it's quite an important part of the body.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: No there isn't any history of heart disease in my immediate family. My health has been okay apart from this
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had my second COVID vaccine (Pfizer) on the 25th of August, and I haven't felt right since then. Upper body muscle soreness, and this has become noticeable in the last week to 10 days, but may have been there since the jab. I am under a bit of stress recently, starting University on Monday and sorting out a permanent moving out from home too, plus pre-course deadlines. I exercise a lot, and did a 30 min run in really hot conditions at full pace on Tuesday, and had no real issues with anything, so I don't think this is a serious condition, because otherwise I would've had complications after pushing it like that

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Any actual chest pain?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, Dr Chip. Slight discomfort, sort of like a burning/blocking sensation beneath my left pec. I feel it more when I lay down and wake up, and sometimes whilst sitting.

And what do you mean by heart flutters?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not a palpitation I don't think. It feels like a slight pulsing or burning under my left pec, that's what I meant by flutters. Like a discomfort, like something is jabbing my heart
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But obviously it's hard to determine exactly where the discomfort is in that area

None of this sounds cardiac

Possibly acid reflux mixed with a little anxiety

So I don't see anything to worry about

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It's more the tight and heavy chest that I'm concerned about. I feel ever so slightly out of breath, and have done increasingly so over the last few days. Feels like I'm not completely filling my lungs when breathing

That's anxiety

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've never experienced this before, is there any way I can get rid of it?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't feel consciously stressed, although life has been a bit hectic recently, and is about to get way more so. Is it unconscious stress that's casuing it?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
causing

https://www.healthline.com/health/anxiety-exercises#counting

It's unconscious stress

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, it's food for thought. I'll see how it goes. No chance it could be vaccine related?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Someone I know got an enlarged heart after his second pfizer jab

Not vaccine related

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
At what point should I be concerned with something like this? If i start to feel lightheaded or have pain in the chest?

Only if you have severe chest pain

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay. Thank you, ***** ***** you taking the time to chat to me. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again