Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

My daughter is 10, autistic. 2 nights ago she was shivering

My daughter is 10, autistic. 2 nights ago she was shivering quite bad in bed - but was wet through with sweat. I woke her up and she seemed fine. tonight she’s sweating again with a low temp

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear, this suggests that there is a fever, which when low grade can commonly present with sweating at night.

If she seems well with this, you could manage this with something like Paracetamol alone. But if she shows any signs of being unwell or getting worse, please do get someone to check her over for a possible cause such as a throat or ear infection.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Oh thank you. I didn’t know she could shake that bad off an infection. Her hands and feet jolt all the time. She gets a bit confused will that be the same because of infection? Her temp is all over has been through the night

It can do, I would go see an out of hours doctor today if you can to have her checked over.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you. I will do. Thank you so much