Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I've recently developed covid symptoms (2 days ago) but

Hi there, I've recently developed covid symptoms (2 days ago) but after taking a test it shows negative. I have been diagnosed of Rhabdomyolysis two years prior. And my doctor in my home country told me to get a blood test as soon as similar symptoms occur. I've just visited a hospital but they said they're not taking any patients atm. What should I do? I am feeling worse by the day
JA: Have you been using any medication since the blood test? How severe are any complications?
Customer: I used to be on Statin because of my high cholestrol (inherited) but swapped over to none statin medication since then. Last time my symptoms lasted for 2 weeks and I almost had a kidney failure.
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Where are you located? How widespread is COVID-19 in your area?
Customer: I'm currently in Edinburgh, chalmers street. I'm not sure of the covid status here but none of my friends have been diagnosed with covid.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: None

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Could you please tell me your age and whether you’ve been in contact with anyone who has Covid-19?

And was it a PCR or lateral flow fast test?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I haven't come into contact with anyone with Covid, and it was a lateral flow test
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry I can't take phone calls right now
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My age is 21

Your symptoms could just be due to simple cold or flu. It doesn’t mean you have Covid-19.

There is no need for a phone call

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you

Can you tell me your main symptoms and if you have any breathing issues?

If you’re feeling unwell in yourself, you should contact out of hours service in your local area. Is there such service? I am not sure if you are a late call NHS 111 in Scotland.

And it would be useful if you get a PCR test which is more accurate.

If your breathing is OK, you can just monitor this until tomorrow when you can contact your GP. You could try warm drinks with lemon/honey and steaming. You can take paracetamol for fever and pain.