Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

Please tell me:do i have the right to be told or to see data

please tell me:do i have the right to be told or to see data arising from blood tests?i do not consider that being told that"the results are normal."is good enough...(and somewhat patronising....especially when i am told that the nurse "does not understand"the results herself, and thus "does not feel comfortable"telling me.)a consequence of this conversation has been that my online access has been discontinued.so that is no option. who owns my data, please?.
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: no symptoms... my enquiry is entirely legal.
JA: Got it. When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: six months ago. greeting and welcoming new doctor..... courtesy only. somebody has to do it.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: since i revised my nutrition my health has been excellent i want to keep it that way.

Hi there kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Smoking and alcohol?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
iam a man of 75 years.i had a laminectomy in 1966 and nervous exhaustion in 1980(i was a teacher). i am precribed lisinopril 30 mg /d for hypertension, now well controlled,i think due to weight loss.also simvastatin 40 mg/d. for cholesterol....now exemplary.i have long been allergic to mould spoors, and am prescribed cetirizine, which i often now do not need.i eat only meat fish eggs,cheese and above ground vegetables. i consume no sugar or pufa fats.olive oil only. i have never smoked and hate secondary smoke. i do not drink alcohol.back pain stops me exercising as i would wish.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please make a written reply. it is a simple enough request.just a matter of fact....for once.

Best of luck