Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I've been having headaches everyday that's worse at the back

Hi I've been having headaches everyday that's worse at the back of my head and have a bit of dizziness and just feel tired
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily and I do sometimes feel nausea
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This first started last October but my doctor won't help me

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today

Can I ask your age please?

Where is the headache exactly and have you had any recent trauma?

Do you have any pain anywhere else, vision problems, changes in your face or speech, weakness, rash, fever or other symptoms?

The most common cause of headache is tension headache and migraine. These can be chronic and can last a long time but on and off.

It is a bit unusual to have dizziness with headaches?

You could try simple painkillers such as paracetamol OR co-codamol (codeine+paracetamol); and add ibuprofen if needed, provided you’re not allergic to these and you don’t have asthma or stomach issues.

However, if the headache is quite severe and you feel not quite right in yourself, you should contact 111 now for assessment today. You can also go to A&E if this is very severe headache.

NHS 111 works 24/7 and can see you today to make an assessment.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm 25 and it at the back of my heads the worst but it through out the whole of my head no trauma

As I said above, if the headache is severe and it doesn’t improve with painkillers, you should contact 111 now for assessment.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Painkillers don't really do anything it's not severe it just constant

You may still benefit from assessment today by calling 111.

You can try co-codamol and ibuprofen today and wait to see your GP tomorrow, but otherwise you can contact 111. At least they can rule out anything serious.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK thanks

You are welcome.